Additional credits, which are not calculated according to a scale from A to F, are not taken into account in the GPA calculation, and cannot bring the overall average down if not obtained. The GPA is an assessment tool that is particularly used in the United States and the United Kingdom.
PROGRAMME UPDATE PROCEDURES
Any change in an EABHES accredited programme shall be approved by EABHES before its implementation. All requests should be addressed by the academic director by submitting the updated Study Plan and Pedagogical Contents Form and the updated Syllabi Forms. All changes made can be requested simultaneously when conforming to the due dates. Further instructions are as follow:
– Minor changes in an ongoing programme are to be sent once to email@example.com within three months of the ongoing academic period. These changes include change of name and/or content of the course with the same number of total hours (no impact on ECTS allocation), and change in the course description.
– Major changes in an ongoing programme are to be sent once to firstname.lastname@example.org within three months of the ongoing academic period. These changes include changes in the programme (more than 2 courses), new major, new or added minors (specializations), changes in a number of hours and/ or student workload of a course, and changes in the assessment system that impact credit allocation.
– Programme Minors and/or Major shall be communicated in the corresponding Study Plan and Pedagogical Content Form with modifications highlighted in bold and red. Modifications will be accepted only if the instructions and deadlines are followed as such.
– Changes in instructors and academic/administrative staff. EABHES has to be informed of any changes in the academic and/or administrative staff by sending the following documents to email@example.com before the first day of the new academic period:
• new instructor’s CV
• new syllabus
• new administrative contacts
– New programmes: for the introduction of new programmes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least 90 days before the first day of the next academic period.
Administration deadlines are key to the smooth and efficient management of accreditation and academic document production. Below you can find reference deadlines. Please notice that these deadlines are established for academic years running from September to June. Schools that admit more than one intake during the academic year or that have a different arrangement of academic periods can set specific customised deadlines (agreed upon with EABHES).
Standard administration deadlines are as follows:
– Students registration: 30 days after the first day of the academic period.
– Grades matrix: within 30 days from the last day of exams and/or retakes.
– Programmes updates: by December 15th.
– Programmes updates for the upcoming academic period: from March 15th to June 15th.
For specific deadlines for the academic year 2020/21, please see Annex 6.