Supporting schools towards the european education area
The European Union envisions a European Education Area (EEA) by 2025, where common values and identity play a fundamental role. EABHES Accreditation prepares schools to actively participate in the EEA by:
- Promoting student mobility among member schools for increased internationalisation. “Spending time abroad to study and learn should become the norm” in the EEA.
- Helping in the implementation of the ECTS credit system to increase recognition of studies. School and higher education qualifications recognition across the EU is one of the main objectives of the EEA.
- Promoting the learning of English as a second language and its use within the study programme. The EEA envisions that “knowing two languages in addition to one’s mother tongue should be standard.”
- Encouraging the celebration of diverse socio-cultural activities to promote European values. In the context of the EEA “people should have a strong sense of their identity as a European, of Europe’s cultural heritage and its diversity.”
- Assuring financial aid and personalised counselling and support to guarantee inclusion. “Everyone should be able to access high-quality education, irrespective of their socio-economic background.”
The Quality Assurance processes of EABHES Accreditation serve to ensure that an institution and its programme(s) are aligned with European Higher Education standards, goals and vision. This is the case of the recently accredited programmes of ENAAI Chambéry, ESDAC Aix-en-Provence, Accademic del Lusso in Milan, and Idées House in Lausanne, among other schools in Austria, Israel, Italy, Ireland and France that have recently been awarded Accreditation or are currently in the process of obtaining EABHES Accreditation.
Our Accreditation not only serves as quality guaranty for students, but also for the educational community and the Higher Educations institutions that will participate in and conform the EEA.
To learn more about the EEA, you can visit: https://ec.europa.eu/education/education-in-the-eu/european-education-area_en